Custom Search

3-Day Breast Cancer Walk

Seattle 3 day breast cancer walk 2009

To donate or to Join Tony's team click the link below

http://www.the3day.org/goto/scoccolo
WeLink Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit Google Bookmarks Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

3-Day Breast Cancer Walk

Postby Kim on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:48 pm

I decided to start a thread on the Relay For LIfe next year. Feel free to discuss training, events and ideas.
Kim/Turbocrazzd
http://www.teambeachbody.com/turbocrazzd

ChaLEAN Extreme is almost here!!!
Click HERE for Details
Kim
Coach
Coach

Re: Relay For Life

Postby Lov2ski on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:38 am

Allow me to tell you how I have come to participate in three day. On Sept. 15 2008 my mother Cathleen Marie Scoccolo lost her two year battle with breast cancer. She was preceded in death by my grandmother Mary Scoccolo; who also lost a battle with breast caner in 1991. My Aunt Mafalda Scoccolo successfully battled breast cancer and is now a survivor. Currently my mother-in-law Diane Kitchel is battling breast cancer; this is her second occurrence.
For the past few years breast cancer has played a large roll in my life. I have watched four loving woman go through chemotherapy, radiation and surgeries. The pain and suffering associated with these treatments seem insurmountable. Watching people suffer uncontrollably is not something I am use to. As a firefighter it is my job to protect and save those who could not otherwise do for themselves. Breast cancer has been something out of my grasp and unable to control. On Sunday September 14, 2008 we checked my mother out of University of Washington Hospital to return home for hospice; as was her wish. Her room overlooked the Mont Lake Bridge. On this particular Sunday a sea of pink shirts could be seen for blocks; it was the Seattle Breast Cancer three day. As we took my mother out and loaded her into the medic unit all you could see was people in pink shirts. It was truly a humbling experience to watch thousands of people out to support a cause that in few hours would take my mother’s life.
I have been asked countless times over the last two years; what can we do? Do you need anything? How can I help you guys? It has taken a while but I have learned that no amount of chemotherapy, radiation and surgeries and cure breast cancer; money for research is the only way. So all of you asked how you can help us over the last two years have your opportunity. Please donate and help us on our way. My mother would often say “I have things to do,” even when she could no longer hold her head up. Well I also have things to do and I could use your support at http://www.the3day.org/goto/scoccolo.

Tony
Lov2ski

Postby Firebuster on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Hey everyone :D - I have joined Tony's team for the 3 day breast cancer walk in Seattle next September 11th, 12th and 13th. For those that don't know, it's a 60 mile walk over a 3 day period to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research. The special thing about our team is that we will be walking the entire route in our firefighter gear, including our breathing apparatus on our backs. However, we will be wearing tennis shoes. We aren't going to walk 60 miles in our big heavy boots. :lol: If you ever considered donating to this very worthwhile cause we would appreciate your donations and support. We are going to be taking team pictures as soon as we get all the people interested in walking with us signed up. So look for those, we will post them.
Firebuster
Coach
Coach

Postby danik on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:41 am

Great job guys! I will be donating when I get a few dollars! You have my support! :clap:
Danielle
Beachbody Coach
danik
Coach
Coach

Postby Lov2ski on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:40 pm

We would love to have more walkers on our team. If raising the money is your concern; don't be :naughty: I have found it to be really easy to get people to donate. If you are interested or have any questions please message me :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Tony
Lov2ski

• Advertisement

Return to 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk-----------CLICK HERE FOR FORUM------------